At Elroy Air, we are building autonomous vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) cargo aircraft systems that will change the way the world moves goods. Transporting cargo by air has so much potential! It’s much faster than by land or sea, but before recent developments in perception, autonomy, electric powertrain and aerospace materials – air transport has remained expensive. We’re going to change that. And we’re solving big problems; the commercial express logistics industry worldwide needs faster + better transport and spends $140B annually, and our men and women in uniform need a reliable unmanned aerial cargo delivery system.
Our future partners and customers are responding enthusiastically. As we prepare to fly our vehicles with customers, we are looking for people like you: motivated teammates excited by this mission and by the rare opportunity to develop a world-class autonomous aerial logistics system. You will play a critical role in bringing the Elroy Air system to the world.
Elroy Air is looking for a summer intern to join our Design Team! The internship is designed to give you exposure to design’s role in a growing aerospace startup environment. You would support the Design Team in areas such as visualization and model making, assisting in developing the user experience and concept of operations (CONOPS) for our cargo systems and their day-to-day operation, aiding our Graphic Design and Brand team as they solidify the company’s brand identity, and general assistance to the company in its path toward flight testing our Chaparral aircraft systems.
You’ll also be expected to collaborate with other, non-Design-Team members in areas like brainstorming, sourcing components, and scheduling. During your internship, you’ll witness other exciting projects occurring over the summer – a new test platform replicating Chaparral’s cargo handling system, powertrain and structural tests, and the final stages of Chaparral’s airframe assembly.
What you’ll directly contribute to:
- Chaparral System – Exploration and innovation within Chaparral’s cargo system
- Visualization Projects – In context renders / display models
- Project and Product Documentation – Contributing to capturing various Chaparral system tests
Who you are:
- A rising 3rd or 4th year undergrad studying Industrial Design
- Local to the SF Bay Area or have the ability to be local for the duration of your internship
- Of a highly flexible and resilient mindset – priorities shift quickly in scaling startups
- Authorized to work legally in the United States (F-1 visa holders are welcome!)
Our ideal candidate:
- Has at least 2 years of experience using Solidworks or Rhino3D
- Has experience using Keyshot rendering suite
- Has experience using Adobe creative suite
- Is capable of using standard hand tools
- Rapid prototyping capabilities
Bonus points for:
- Passion in the world of Aerospace, automobiles, or robotics
Logisitics and what you can expect:
- You’ll be a paid, temporary employee. Our summer interns will earn $12,800.00 over the duration of the 8-week program.
- Dates of internship: June 21, 2022 through August 16, 2022
- Full-time work: our business hours are 9a-5p Monday through Friday (F-1 students: please check with your CPT office to ensure you’re eligible for full-time work prior to applying).
- Incredibly talented, diverse, and kind colleagues- some of our team members are renowned industry experts in advanced aerospace, robotics, and tech.
- A cohort of summer interns, with facilitated social and networking opportunities.
Application and interview process:
- Please submit your resume and portfolio through the link below – please include a cover letter describing your studies, and how this opportunity will further your education and career development.
- You’ll hear back from the hiring manager by May 13th.
- Interviews will take place over the weeks of May 16th and 23rd.
- Offer of employment will be made May 27th.
Elroy Air values and strives for diversity in our workforce and does not discriminate based on applicant identity in accordance with equal employment opportunities and federal, state, and local law. We define diversity as a variety of perspectives, life experiences, and backgrounds which form a person’s identity. This includes not just gender identity and race, but also; ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, religion, age, ability, parenthood status, veteran status, citizenship status, or any combination of these characteristics.
We encourage you to apply even if you aren’t an exact match for our open role, many of our team members come from nontraditional backgrounds.
All employees will be screened through E-Verify.
This position will require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on any required authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations necessary to perform the responsibilities of the position.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
This story republished from https://www.suasnews.com/2022/05/elroy-air-design-summer-2022-intern/
RecruitAERO Launches as Wichita’s First Women-Owned Fractional Recruitment Firm Dedicated to Aerospace and Defense Nationwide – Changing the Way Companies Hire
FAA Proposes New Policy that Would Fulfill One of the Key Requirements of the Aircraft Certification, Safety, and Accountability Act
Schools Nationwide Receive $10 Million in FAA Grants to Develop the Next Generation of Aviation Professionals