The European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) has published the updated Easy Access Rules for Operational Suitability Data (OSD) Flight Crew Data (CS-FCD) (Issue 2).
The publication incorporates ED Decision 2021/012/R which:
- provides a regular update of CS-FCD;
- updates the description of the type rating evaluation process for setting up type rating requirements and training programmes;
- develops definitions for ‘checking’, ‘evaluation subjects’, ‘modification’, and ‘type of aircraft’ for the purpose of CS-FCD;
- harmonises CS-FCD with the update of Subpart FC ‘Flight Crew’ of Annex III (Part-ORO) to Regulation (EU) No 965/2012 (Air OPS); and
- clarifies the concept of training areas of special emphasis (TASE).
The Easy Access Rules for CS-FCD (Issue 2) are available for free download on the EASA website as pdf, online dynamic publication, as well as in an xml format with machine-readable content. As they have been generated through the eRules platform, they will be updated regularly to incorporate further changes and evolutions to their content.
Please send any feedback and comments by using the Easy Access Rules area on the contact us form.