FAA Schedules Next Series of Runway Safety Meetings
WASHINGTON – The Federal Aviation Administration continues to address runway safety risks with 16 runway safety meetings for the remainder of the year. These meetings are in addition to the 90 Runway Safety Action Team meetings across the country already held.
The meetings, held annually at each airport with a control tower, are the primary forum for pinpointing and addressing airport-specific risk in the surface environment. The product of the meeting is a Runway Safety Action Plan where stakeholders agree to pursue specific actions to improve surface safety.
During a Runway Safety Action Team meeting, airport stakeholders identify unique risks to surface safety at that airport and develop plans to mitigate or eliminate those risks. Representatives from the FAA’s air traffic organization, airlines, pilots, airport vehicle drivers and others participate.
Major airports with upcoming runway safety meetings include Boston Logan International Airport, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport. A full list is below.
The FAA issued a Safety Call to Action in February following a string of incidents. Following the Safety Summit in March, the agency has undertaken a series of safety initiatives. The summit resulted in a commitment from the FAA and aviation community to pursue a goal of zero serious close calls. The same approach virtually eliminated the risk of fatalities aboard U.S. commercial airlines.
Full list of Runway Safety Action Team meetings for November and December:
- Allegheny County Airport (Pennsylvania)
- Bellingham International Airport (Washington)
- Boston Logan International Airport (Massachusetts)
- Concord-Padgett Regional Airport (North Carolina)
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (Texas)
- Des Moines International Airport (Iowa)
- El Paso Regional Airport (Texas)
- Flying Cloud Airport (Minnesota)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (New Jersey)
- New York Stewart International Airport (New York)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (Virginia)
- San Marcos Regional Airport (Texas)
- St. Louis Regional Airport (Illinois)
- Waterloo Regional Airport (Iowa)
- Waukegan National Airport (Illinois)
- Youngstown-Warren Regional Airport (Ohio)
Official news published at https://www.faa.gov/newsroom/faa-schedules-next-series-runway-safety-meetings
The post FAA Schedules Next Series of Runway Safety Meetings first appeared on Reliable News.