Babe?-Bolyai University main building
Babe?-Bolyai University in Cluj-Napoca
CLUJ-NAPOCA, Romania, September 30, 2023 (Newswire.com) - The main objective of the investigation was to identify the personal and professional development needs of researchers in universities in the region.
The Centre's team and its experts sent questionnaires to several academics and researchers in the North-West Region. 176 questionnaires were validated and 169 were included in the final analysis. The study identified contributions to the innovation ecosystem and the provision of effective and responsive solutions to the increasingly complex needs of society.
The study found that about half of the researchers have a high inner motivation for research activity and almost two-thirds have a motivation derived from aligning research activity with professional values. However, more than 20% of researchers have a predominantly extrinsic motivation.
Another finding is that people in academic lecturer positions experience more burnout than lower-level research scientists. This is because they feel an additional teaching and administrative burden.
The study also showed that increasing the individual and organizational resources available to scientific research can contribute significantly to increasing intrinsic motivation. There are also nine recommended measures to stimulate increases in research work.
- Implement a professional research leadership programme that will identify, attract and support those who demonstrate potential and intrinsic motivation for research.
- Providing a package of workshops to develop research and cross-cutting skills relevant to research activity. Priority topics that should be addressed are: collaborating in research teams, accessing research funding, strategies for increasing research impact, trends in publication.
- Development of mentoring programmes for researchers to help activate personal resources, increase efficiency and provide clarity for career goals.
- Provide career counseling and support services for researchers, to contribute to greater work stability and increase professional commitment.
- Carrying out citizen science activities. This would help to promote research results and increase the visibility of researchers.
- Networking activities and activities to celebrate and reward involvement in research.
- Developing human resources policies that ensure the integration of researchers and academics into their own organizational culture.
- Promote a fair and inclusive working environment.
- Support research initiatives through an integrated platform containing resources relevant to research careers.
Babeș-Bolyai University ranks first in Romania, 15th in Eastern Europe and 260th according to the QS World University Rankings. The university is also among the top 1,000 in the world according to Centre for World University Ranking.
The University of Cluj has obtained European funding through the PNRR, thus UBB Core North-West Regional Centre for Career Guidance of Researchers was born. The main partner of Babeș-Bolyai University in this project is the University of Oradea.Contact Information:
Original Source: Study: New Methods to Boost Scientific Research in Transylvanian Universities
The post Study: New Methods to Boost Scientific Research in Transylvanian Universities first appeared on Social Gov.